Sunday, December 28, 2008

ducks in a row

Damn.

It's been a long time since I've done this blog thing.

The first time I tried, I was in college and some of my ex-boyfriend's friends kept leaving crappy anonymous comments on every opinion I tried to express.

Second time was a pretty wide span of time between undergrad and now. I wrote mostly when I was upset about something. And that's just wrong.

This time... this time is more inspired by good than bad. I've always been a writer, quite like my grandmother. She passed away this fall and left a lifetime of journals for us all to enjoy. Her views on life, love and trivia are fascinating. Maybe it was magical because she wrote in hardback journals with golden-lined pages. Maybe it was nostalgic because she had handwriting like you'd imagine reading off a document from the 19th century. Maybe it was just because she was my grandmother and I have so much of her personality... I really don't know.

So here goes, 3rd time's a charm.

Its Sunday night and I'm doing laundry and picking up around the apartment, getting ready to catch a plane on Tuesday early in the morning to San Francisco. 2008 has been a year of chaos, among other things, and I'm ready to be held and kissed into 2009.

The whole -no alcohol sale- thing on Sundays really bites. I would kill for a numbers ale right now, but my fridge is bare and... well... its flippin' Sunday.



Post Script of the day: Call people on their birthday... even if your friendship has dwindled and could possibly be non-existent. I missed making a phone call yesterday out of some pride and/or confusion and it feels icky in my heart.

[happy 27th, mclain]

No comments:

Post a Comment