Friday, October 2, 2009

I quit.

Seriously, I quit my job today.

Well, actually, I informed my boss that I was quitting about four weeks ago. But today was my last day at work. I cleaned out my cube, threw my belongings in a box and walked out.

The more emotional side of the story involves taking photos of my best friends, my family, Gertie Girl and Steven off my bulletin boards... and throwing away the clepto-esque concert posters I had collected and brought in as 'show and tell' after crazy fun weekends out on the town in the last few years.

I threw the keys to my file cabinets at Shane (my boss) in a melodramatic "We're through! You can have your keys back!" manner, and I hugged my favorite co-workers (minus two - Erin and Kellie were out of the office today).

Ah, but it's OK. I'm far too close to that group to lose touch with them. And there's still that get-together at TAP next week to look forward to.

So now on to the rest of my life. Tomorrow I have the dreaded swimsuit shoot with a completely new photographer - never worked with this guy before. Its not that I look bad in a bikini, it's just that I'm never completely ready to see the contact sheets and hear the "oh, we shouldn't use that one... it makes her stomach look weird." Or worse, "Ewww, bad angle."

At least, on this occasion, I'm not walking a runway in a two piece. I prefer to do that completely clothed.

Sunday my parents are driving up to secure my antique dresser and a few odds and ends that I can't make room for in Petaluma or Girona. It'll be good to see my folks, but I have to convince myself to get more organized/packed in my apartment before then - so my dad won't shake his head in the way I imagine most military dads shake their heads in disapproval. "I love you, Daaaad. Don't worry, I'll get it all cleaned up. See look - I made a spreadsheet and a list of exactly how to execute this move across the country."

Hmm... on that note... I should get a few things done around here before going to bed.

El fin de semana esta aqui. Esta bien, mi amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment